March 18, 2010

March Featured Artist at the Asheville Art Museum Shop

March, Asheville Art Museum Shop, 2 S. Pack Square, Ahseville North Carolina. The Museum Shop March Artist of the Month: Moni Hill.  The  work of Asheville Artist Moni Hill is about colors and their relationships. "I think of myself as a color match-maker, making sure that no spot of color is left alone without its compliment. My palette consists mostly of cadmiums and cobalts. Things that excite me about my paintings are the hidden patches of canvas or scraps of old jeans that are primed on to all of my wood panels; the lead pencil lines which offer proof of the process; new color combinations; and unexpected object placement."

MS Hill's work may also be found at Gallery Minerva and her exhibit titled "Journeys" hanging at the Asheville Community Theater for the whole month of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment