May 27, 2012

Featured NC Artist: Annie Singletary


Annie Singletary Ceramics


Artist:   Annie Singletary
Media:  Ceramics
City:
Black Mountain NC
Artist Statement:  "I am a functional ware potter living in Black Mountain, North Carolina. The practical focus of my work is to create utilitarian pottery with mostly porcelain clays and a wide variety of unique glazes. In my most recent work I am using a variety of colors to enhance the textural, organic surfaces. My pieces are designed for giving and they represent a convergence of the dual passions for creation and service. I imagine the works as vehicles for hospitality, as they offer and receive simultaneously. I like to consider the pots in the context of what they are destined to hold and how they will fit into ever changing design trends. Pottery has a timeless element because of its deep history and that is important to me as I strive to make the pieces that are also relevant to my love for interior design."

No comments:

Post a Comment