December 27, 2013

Penland School of Crafts Annual Donations

A Message from Gay  Smith

My experience of Penland is about connection: life, creativity, hands, heart, materials, mentors, students, colleagues, community, and friends, all connected in a beautiful web like the warps and wefts on Penland's looms.


I first came to Penland in 1985 with a studio assistant scholarship. It was a life-changing experience made possible by the generosity of others. Since then I have been a resident artist, an instructor, a community member, and a trustee, and I know that any amount we contribute to Penland's annual fund makes a difference. Our donations support everything from the not-so-glamorous water system to the priceless experiences of new scholarship students. They help create the fabric of Penland, and they strengthen our connection with this special place.

I invite you to join me this year as a donor to the Penland annual fund, and my deep thanks go to those who have already made a gift.


Sincerely, 
Gay Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment